Healthy Dining Out. Is it Impossible?

Eating out is one of my FAVORITE things to do.  I have no idea why.  I love to cook.  I cook well and often.

There is just something about going out that really appeals to me.  I like the atmosphere, taking a break from cooking, having some one wait on me, and just being able to have a conversation without interruptions.  Ok, that last one is a bit of joke.  I have two small children.

The point is, going out to eat is awesome.  Kind of.

The hard part starts when you look over the menu and realize there's actually only one or two things on that menu made thirty-seven different ways.  It stresses me out.  I hate being "that guy" that asks for modifications and inevitably the server has no idea what the food actually consists of.

Finding a restaurant that has true variety on the menu is like finding gold.  And I will hang on to that!

Well, folks.  I have found one.  You will never guess where.  The mall.  Seriously.

In the middle of the greasy, fatty, over-portioned mall, there is a little place called Ali's Mediterranean.  I just discovered this as my kids were begging me for food while we shopped.  I gave in and was so surprised to see their menu!  They have a lot of options, all fresh, and clearly described.  Happy.

http://instagram.com/p/raCbeGoug1/
falafel pita wrap, roasted garlic potatoes, and tabouli salad

I do still indulge in lots of other dining out options, but I feel my best when I make the best choices.  Going out should be fun, not a source of stress.  Reviewing the menu before you go is always a great way to make sure you can enjoy your time with your dining companions.

I have found other restaurants that give me the same feeling of happy, but they are far and few between.  What are your favorite places to dine out?

Here are some restaurants make my healthy happy:
Freebirds
Jason's Deli
Lyfe Kitchen
Whole Foods Salad Bar






Comments

Popular Posts