What's For Lunch?

Busy days make it hard to have a good lunch.  It's so easy to make bad choices for yourself when you are in a hurry.  Today I had to take the kiddos to a birthday party and was surrounded by lots of other moms stuffing their face with pizza and cake.  Now, that's totally fine if that's just how you roll, but I think every can agree that this is not the best option out there. 

I waited patiently, knowing that I have far more choices at home.

When I finally arrived home I knew I had lots of options, but honestly I was starving at that point.  So, enter my own go-to lunch.  The smoothie.  I know most folks probably shy away from smoothies for a meal, but don't knock it until you try it.  I am fulfilled and feel good about the choices I made.  Plus, I know I haven't over-indulged and can have a snack later guilt free.

I like following recipes, but today I just wanted to through some stuff together.  I think I did pretty well, so I've decided to share!

Orange Berry Yum Smoothie

1 cup unsweetened rice milk (or whatever milk you like)
1 giant handful of mixed greens
1 navel orange, peeled
1/2 cup diced pineapple
1 tbsp flax
1 scoop of tropical strawberry Shakeology
ice, I used about a cup

Blend up until smooth!

Curious about Shakeology?  Just contact me for a sample!

What's your go-to meal in a hurry?

Comments

Popular Posts