Re-Fueling - Indulgent Style

There is nothing like that first bite of food after working really hard.  No matter what you are sweating from, your body needs a recharge with something good!

I, personally, love my smoothies.  There are endless combinations and you can sneak all kinds of goodness in there without sacrificing flavor.  They also take the hassle out of cooking!

This morning, I worked extra hard considering I was a bit sore from Monday's workout.  I deserve a treat, right?  Well, let me tell you - THIS is a treat!  I can't think of anything unhealthy about it either.  Double Bonus.

I guess the origins of this smoothie would be the only thing unhealthy about it....I love me some cake batter.  This is not a good thing, and probably for the best since it's totally not easy to come by as I am vegan.  I do frequent Chocolate Covered Katie's blog, which is also vegan for the most part.  (And if you haven't seen it.  Go there.  Now.)  She has awesome tricks to take those wonderfully bad for you desserts and turn them around completely.

A few weeks ago I made her Birthday Cake Energy Bars.  They were awesome!  And so, inspired me for this smoothie.  It's now my favorite smoothie!  The secret?  Cashew butter.  Who knew?

CAKE BATTER SMOOTHIE

1 Cup Almond or Soy Milk, unsweetened
1 Scoop Vanilla Protein Powder (I use Vega.  Although I hear Beachbody is working on a vegan vanilla version...a girl can dream.)
1 TBSP Cashew Butter
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 Frozen Banana, sliced
A Giant Handful of Ice
Optional: 1/2 tsp Arrowroot (this gives a bit of a thicker feel) & Sprinkles (Whole Foods does sell Sprinkelz, which are a vegan version and they are "supposed" to be healthier, but I have no idea...they're still sprinkles.)



Combine all ingredients in your Vitamix or high-powered blender and ENJOY!

Cheers to putting the good stuff in your belly!

Comments

Popular Posts