What's Your Favorite Cookbook?

I love to cook.  I love cookbooks.  I will not count how many I have.  I won't mention the number of pins I have for recipes, or the amount of folders with loose paper recipes I've printed out.  My family is getting used to having "new recipe night", like almost every night of the week.

Of all those, one cookbook definitely stands out - Oh She Glows.  More like, Oh Yum Yum!


If you aren't familiar with this cookbook, please check out the blog and just go and buy the book.  No, I don't get any kind of kick backs for the mad props.  I just honestly love every recipe I've tried in the book!  They are easy to make and absolutely delicious.  Even if you aren't a cookbook junkie like me, you want a cookbook that is actually worth your cash and time, right?  This is it.

My blog is all about finding good ways to be happier in your health and this is an awesome place to start!

Last night I was playing a game of "what can I make for dinner with what I have in my fridge?".  It turns out that I could easily spot something to try from Oh She Glows with only having to pick up three things from the store, which I usually have on hand anyway (a can of chickpeas, sun-dried tomatoes, and an onion).

I made the Creamy Tomato Soup with Roasted Italian Chickpea Croutons.  It was incredibly easy to make (and I can prove it because I had my husband make the chickpea croutons and they turned out wonderful!).  My kids ate every last bite, too - hallelujah!

If you have a blender or a food processor, know how to chop an onion, and can dump ingredients in said blender, you can make this!  It made more than 4 servings too.  Which, unfortunately for me, the husband took to work today.  [insert my sad face here]


I would love to share the entire recipe with you, but I am not sure if that is cool to do.  I'll have to do some research on that one....

Some of the other wonderful recipes include Broccoli Quinoa Wraps, Enchiladas (company approved!), Taco Fiesta Potato Crisps (football watching approved!), and Tex Mex Casserole.

The word on the street is that the author is looking for new recipe testers...ah-hem, hello!  Would that not be the most awesomest thing ever??  I still have a lot more recipes to try in her book, so even if I can't score that gig I know I'll be a happy, healthy girl with the rest of the recipes I haven't gotten to yet!

I challenge you to try a new healthy recipe this weekend!


Comments

Popular Posts