Mixing It Up

I've recently started listening to Podcasts.  If you aren't familiar, then get familiar!  This is my new favorite thing.  I get kind of bored listening to the same play lists and even my Spotify play lists are getting old.  I found a few Podcasts that keep me entertained and also help me to be a better person!

I am all about the self-help stuff.  I love new tricks and tips and just over all motivation.  Daily encouragement does wonders for me.

My most recent find is the Chalene Show.  I was introduced to her through the PIYO series and come to find out, she does so much more.  You can read her bio here.  She's created an awesome Podcast that I can't get enough of and listen every chance I get.  It especially makes the time go by faster when you are on the treadmill.  Boring.

I just listened to an interview with Tony Horton, who, yes, is another Beachbody dude, but listen - these people have awesome things to say.  (and I am itching to read his new book!)  He talked about how we can all get into a rut when it comes to living a healthy lifestyle.  We all need help and we all need to MIX IT UP!  This really resonated with me.  I think especially since I have been just flying by the seat of my pants when it comes to my fitness routine the past few weeks.  And why I haven't done a blog post in forever.

Read about the Podcast here: http://www.chalenejohnson.com/podcasts/tony-horton-secrets-to-sustainable-fitness/
If you want to listen, go to itunes and download the Podcast App and search for The Chalene Show.  And FYI, I don't get anything for recommending her Podcast.  I just truly love it.

I am ready to mix it up.  I am going to do the 21 Day Fix and challenge myself to make good choices for 21 days.  I haven't done this program before and am nervous!  It includes 30 minute work outs, which is good.  Workouts I haven't done before, which is good.  And portion controlled food storage, which I definitely have never done before!  I've put a video at the bottom of the post to give you more info about the 21 Day Fix.

Are you in a rut with how you take care of yourself?  How do you pull yourself out?  What ways do you give yourself encouragement, or do you at all?

Take some time to reflect on these.  Do something different today.  Make a plan to mix it up.

If you want to join me in my challenge, send me a note.  Our groups are always fun and supportive.  We all need accountability and presenting yourself with a challenge is tough, and even more so on your own.  Reach out to me or any one you trust to get your body and mind moving in the right direction to create those healthy routines!

Comments

Popular Posts